Skip to main content
Link to Research Guides
Library Research Tutorial
Information literacy tutorial for students. Topics include Choosing a Topic, Reference Sources, How to Search, Finding Books, eBooks and Articles, Reading Tips, Evaluating Sources, and Citations.
Course Guides, Subject Guides, Topic Guides
Link to research guides for specific courses, topics, and subjects.
Ask a Librarian Discussion Forum
- Create an Ask a Librarian discussion forum in your course where students can ask research questions.
- Contact Jennifer to set this up.
Custom Research Guides
Create a customized online research guide for your class!
- Embed your guide in Canvas so that students can link to it.
- Add the link to your syllabus and handouts.
- Easy to update and customize.
Check out our current research guides.
Ready to start? Want to update your existing guide? Contact Carol or Jennifer at the Library.
UCC Library Research Tutorial Module in Canvas Commons
This UCC Library Research Tutorial is a module that is available for you to import into your course from Canvas Commons.
This tutorial teaches students how to read an assignment, find reference sources for background information, choose and narrow a topic, brainstorm search terms, utilize basic search techniques, find books and articles, copy citations from databases, and read and evaluate articles.
If you are interested in a tutorial/assignment in Canvas to help students learn research strategies for your specific course, contact the UCC Reference Librarian, Jennifer Lantrip.
How to Import into Your Course
- Go to your course.
- On the right side of the screen, click Import from Commons.
- In the search box in Canvas Commons, type UCC Library.
- Click on the UCC Library Research Tutorial.
- On the right side of the screen under Import into Canvas, select your course and then click Import info Course.
- The module should appear in your course.
- Move it to the location of your choice and publish it.
Contact UCC Online for further assistance importing this module into your course.
Link to Online Articles & Ebooks
Would you like your students to read an online article or ebook? Link to articles and ebooks from Canvas.
Find an article or ebook in one of the library's databases and copy and paste the permalink for that article or ebook into your Canvas course.
Umpqua Community College Library, 1140 Umpqua College Rd., Roseburg, OR 97470, 541-440-4640
Except where otherwise noted, content in these research guides is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.